Job Description – Assistant Manager - Stone’s Ace Hardware Casa View
Hours: Full-time (32-40 hours per week)
Dates: One week of training for our new store opening will begin January 2nd. You must be able to attend training
Stone’s Ace Hardware is locally and independently owned. We are part of a worldwide community of over 5,000 Ace retailers committed to winning customers through legendary customer service. At Stone’s our Assistant Managers will exemplify the foundation of our service to each customer.
An Assistant Manager shares in the responsibility for the overall performance of the store and assists Ownership with generating sales potential, ensuring the store is optimally stocked and merchandised, developing and managing staff, maintaining store appearance, and controlling expenses and shortages. In addition, an Assistant Manager will work closely with the Owners in things such as scheduling, planning and execution of the store’s strategic plan, ensuring that sales associates provide excellent customer service while accomplishing their other daily tasks, as well as occasionally be responsible for opening and closing the store. In short, the Assistant Manager will take on many of the leadership roles in coordination with the Ownership.
· Train, coach, and oversee sales associates to maintain the customer service standards to the highest possible level.
· Drive store sales by ensuring that all customers are acknowledged, customer projects needs are met, and concerns are resolved quickly while keeping with the values and practices of Stone’s Hardware
· Resolve customer service and employee issues with tact and in keeping with the values and practices of Stone’s Hardware
Take a proactive approach to generating sales and profit, minimizing losses, and ensuring the store is visually distinctive and impeccably maintained.
· Identify and implement strategies and initiatives to achieve and exceed business goals
· Be proficient in all aspects of the store’s practices and procedures
· Work closely with the Owners on planning and execution of the store’s strategic plan
· Be knowledgeable about the products sold at Stone’s
· Enforce safety policies and procedures and be a safety role model
Responsible for all activities within the store in the absence of the Owners.
Education/Training: High School degree, college preferred. In addition, an applicant should possess a vast product knowledge of hardware and related products, as well as being eager and willing to continue to learn
Experience: Minimum 1-3 years retail management experience, hardware-retail preferred
· Strong leadership, problem-solving, and multitasking skills
· Excellent customer service skills
· Excellent and effective verbal and written communication skills
· Strong organizational and leadership skills
· Ability to lead and develop others
· Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays to meet the needs of the business
· Ability to manage time and prioritize tasks
The following are not required, but highly valued:
· Retail experience in sales, cashier, or back office (1 year preferred)
· Basic computer skills (1 year preferred)
· Bi-lingual Spanish/English speaking (Incentives offered)
· Ability to lift up to 80 lbs frequently
· Ability to work on the sales floor for an extended period of time
· Must be able to climb up and down ladders, reach, bend, twist, kneel, lift up to 80 lbs., handle large odd shaped items, and stock items in overhead areas.
*Stone’s Hardware complies with all applicable equal employment laws, including the Americans with Disabilities Act. Qualified individuals with a disability may request reasonable accommodation from the company.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Stone’s Hardware is committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military discharge, or any other action covered by federal or state laws.
This job is an hourly position, non-exempt from overtime. Though successful assistant managers may be considered for other opportunities within the company, the position carries no guarantee of career progression. The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee.