Job Description – Sales Associate – Stone’s Ace Hardware at Casa View
Age Requirement: 16+
Hours: part-time (less than 30 hours per week),
full-time (32-40 hours per week)
Dates: One week of training for our new store opening will begin January 2nd. You must be able to attend training
Stone’s Ace Hardware is locally and independently owned. We are part of a worldwide community of over 5,000 Ace retailers committed to winning customers through legendary customer service. At Stone’s our sales associates exemplify the foundation of our service to each customer.
We are looking for friendly and enthusiastic full- and part-time sales associates who enjoy working with others and being part of a team. The primary responsibility of every associate at Stone’s is providing personalized customer service and building customer loyalty that supports the “helpful place” motto of Ace. We strive to be a true community hardware store, and so every associate must be able to create a welcoming environment that puts the customer’s needs first. We offer a wide variety of products to our customers so any previous hardware, electrical, plumbing, paint, auto, and/or general retail experience is highly valued.
· Ensure each customer receives outstanding service from the time they walk into the store until they leave
· Maintain awareness of inventory, specials, and advertisements
· Accurately and efficiently ring up customers at the checkout counter
· Maintain order and cleanliness of the store
· Perform daily tasks as assigned by management
· Utilize safety and loss prevention practices
· A commitment to excellence in customer service
· Ability to respectfully and politely interact with all types of customers
· Solid team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills in order to effectively interact with customers, vendors, and other associates in person and on the telephone
· Willing and able to work flexible hours, including weekends and holiday to meet the needs of the business.
The following skills are not required, but highly valued:
· Education/Training: High School diploma, some college preferred
· Retail experience in sales, cashier, or back office (1 year preferred)
· Basic computer skills (1 year preferred)
· Bi-lingual Spanish/English speaking (Incentives offered)
· Plumbing, Electrical, HVAC, Carpentry, & Paint mixing knowledge & experience
· Must be able to work on the sales floor for anxtended period of time
· Must be able to move and handle merchandise and fixtures
· Must be able to climb up and down ladders, reach, bend, twist, kneel, lift up to 40 lbs., handle large odd shaped items, and stock items in overhead areas.
*Stone’s Hardware complies with all applicable equal employment laws, including the Americans with Disabilities Act. Qualified individuals with a disability may request reasonable accommodation from the company.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Stone’s Hardware is committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military discharge, or any other action covered by federal or state laws.
This job is an hourly position, non-exempt from overtime. Though successful sales associates may be considered for other opportunities within the company, the position carries no guarantee of career progression. The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee